A couple of free internet stations at the Hong Kong Airport and me with an hour or so to kill before hopping the plane to Bangkok. Seems fortuitous, not that I have any great thing to say, other than, holy fuckin' hell, it's hard to sit in the middle seat on a fourteen hour flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong. I slept maybe twenty minutes total, so by the time I get to Thailand, I'll be pretty spaced.
Definitely had some 'what the hell am I doing?' fears realizing that I'll land in Bangkok without a clue as to how to proceed, but so it goes. I guess it adds to the 'charm'. It's often been the case that the more lost and hapless I begin, then the resolution is that much sweeter. So we're hoping for that sort of outcome.
The weather in Hong Kong is exactly the same as it was in San Francisco, 42 and raining. A certain symmetry in that, I suppose. I was happy to make it up to Portland with my Craigslist ride, who dropped me off at a Max station on the east side of town, where it was a convenient mass transit ride to the airport. It was freezing in Portland, with a biting north wind, and I sat and froze there for 20 minutes waiting for the streetcar to arrive. Since I didn't bring anything particularly warm to the tropics, it was a nice blast of icy chill that won't be repeated for a couple months, if then. Adios winter!
Sorry for the boring post, but nothing's happened yet, so I'm just checking in while the internet is free. Thank you Hong Kong Airport. Next stop Thailand. and hopefully a place to get some sleep, somehow. Ciao for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment